All Timberlane Youth Lacrosse head coaches must be fully Level 1 certified. All assiatants must be Level 1 on-line course certified. Here are the steps to certification. Coaches will be reimburesed for all fess to become certified. You must first be a member of US Lacrosse. Make sure you have renewed you membership. Click here to join or renew.
These components may be completed in any order you wish. Just make sure you keep copies of your completion certificates to include in your coaching portfolio.
Apply to Certify: Submit your documentation
· Click here to begin the online certification process.
· Fill it out completely, carefully following all instructions on the form.
· E-mail, fax, or mail a copy of your PCA certification or card to
. (if missing certificates, please read FAQs)
· Fill out the online application which also collects information to run our state-of-the-art background check through National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI).
· Pay the certification fee of $35. This fee covers the background check.
· Please allow 4-6 weeks for NCSI to process your background check.
· Click here to read US Lacrosse's position on background checks. (pdf)
· Attach certificates from your educational components where instructed (if missing certificates, please read FAQs)
· Send the portfolio to US Lacrosse
· We will contact you via e-mail when your portfolio has been reviewed and verified. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the portfolio review.
Get it: You are certified
· When your background check has been satisfactorily completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and your initial certification card will be sent in the mail. Congrats!
Choose to renew your certification each year with your membership renewal. Your certification will expire when your membership expires.
After 3 or 4 years, participate in a continuing education opportunity if you chose not to move on to Level 2 certification.